Pawns

New enchanting system, crystals, battleground and craft

« Older   Newer »
Mistar
view post Posted on 30/7/2014, 09:42

Enchanting System

As you all know the expansion renewed the enchanting system starting from the complete reorganization of equipment tiers and the addition of corresponding Alkahests for each tier.

An Improved Enchanting Experience

Players are able to extract “Enchanting Stones” from fodder as well as old gear (that has been enchanted by the new system) to get back what you had used. You will no longer need to use boots to enchant boots. The Enchanting Stones will be available for any type of gear and the only difference will be the base number you will need to enchanting a particular piece.

t44Dctv

And another convenient feature is that players are able to combine stones of a lower tier to obtain the stones of a tier higher at a 6:1 ratio. Simply right-click on the stone which will prompt you that you can combine them for a higher tier with a warning that the craft cannot be reversed.

x7gdQ8g

You can also Shift + Right Click to combine all the stones into a higher tier in one go.

idvfvjP

Another very convenient addition is that you get back what you’ve spent on a particular piece of gear. At the bottom of your gear tool tip you will see the number of Enchanting Stones that you’ve used to get that gear to a certain enchant.

When you find something better to equip you can simply extract the stones you’ve accumulated onto that gear when dismantling it.

XqVnfbO

For added convenience you can extract fodder through the button in your bag. No need to run to a merchant for a hammer. When you go into extract a piece of gear it will prompt you with how much it will cost as well.

fFimtEn

Previously you would have had to buy the regular Alkahest then the Refined Alkahest to enchant your gear. They’ve removed the step-by-step enchanting and added in tier based Alkahests. Players are also able to enchant a lower tier gear piece with a higher tier Alkahest. The older Alkahests can still be used to enchant.

jLWb7m4

Shown above is a Tier 3 Alkahest for enchanting Tier 3 (or lower) gear. You can buy up to Tier 5 Alkahests so far from the General Merchant. Tier 6 is sold at the Specialty Store.

9kplif5

All you need now to enchant is the piece you’ll be enchanting, the corresponding Alkahest and Enchanting Stones. Pretty simple.

New Enchanting UI

UDxIGaN

When you’ve added the piece of gear you’d like to enchant the suggested number of Enchanting Stones are automatically shown as well as the number of stones and Alkahests you possess which you can use to enchant.

If you do not have enough then the items will not be highlighted.

YpSVXLb

While the number of Alkahests required does not change for each attempt you can choose to use more (or less) Enchanting Stones. More Enchanting Stones used means higher the success of the enchant. An interesting feature for sure.

ZvanviG

If you feel your enchanting success is looking a little bleak you can choose to use more stones.

RrTW37g

But keep in mind that while you can risk using less stones than the recommended your chances will also be reduced.

ZJiIjdV

All existing Alkahests may still be used to enchant your gear and with the added convenience of being able to enchant lower tier items with a higher tier Alkahest makes enchanting that much easier.

Furthermore, Enchanting Stones and Alkahests will have their own category on the broker so you can easily trade them as well.

4yCxP5O

Crystal Synthesis and Artefacts

There are two new features added in for weapon and armour crystals. One being the ability to combine crystals (that you don’t use) to get a different one and another is to combine and produce a completely new type of crystal, the Artefacts, with dual options.

New Crystals

Along with the addition of level 65 crystals a new crystal, Destroyer, combines the effects of minion, normal, and boss monster-type crystals. Players are able to obtain these new crystals from Crystal Boxes and through reputation credits.

Specialty Merchants will no longer sell crystals such as Squelching to lessen the confusion for new players.

44eXUNR

List of Crystals Sold

Weapon

Brilliant I~VII
Focused III~VI
Savage III~VII
Threatening I~VII
Swift I~VII
Destroyer’s Rage I~VII
Destoyer’s Honor I~VII

Armour

Poised III~VII
Relentless I~VII
Destroyer’s Will I~VII
Fleetfoot I~VII
Vigorous I~VII

*Crystals rank III and up may be bought in major cities or in level 20 and up towns

Dual Option Artefacts

The dual-option Artefacts may be inserted into either weapon or armour crystal slots and have the added benefit of not breaking upon death as well as a secondary bonus stat.

Weapon Artefacts posses bonus secondary usually found on armour crystals while armour Artefacts possess ones found on weapons. While Artefacts have these added benefits, it will be bound to the armour or weapon you first equip it to. For example, Artefacts that were first equipped onto a BoP Devastator will not be available to insert into a crafted Devastator piece even if the names are the same.

N1jdI8f

Artefact List

Main Weapon Artefact Options

olNksjJ

Weapon Artefact Bonus Options

UzZo2sD

Main Armor Artefact Options

3mjJjds

Armor Artefact Bonus Options

t7JW8fT

Crystal Synthesis System

By combining three crystals of the same colour and grade you can obtain a different crystal to use.

xzDaVye

With an addition of an Artefact Ore you can obtain an Artefact crystal

ve3oVd4

There are two types of ores, the Crystal and Artefact. The highest tier for crystals is 7 and by combining an Artefact Ores with tier 7 crystals you will be able to craft an Artefact (100% chance). Crystal Ores can fail though.

GpckpIU

So if you’re wondering what you can do once you’ve geared up this summer why not explore the Temple of Orca and hunt for some rare Artefacts?

Colosseum Battleground

Now let’s move onto the newest Battleground mode to hit KTERA this summer, the Colosseum.

mmCZyf1

Features

The Colosseum is available for players between level 60 and 65 through the Battleground matching system. Two teams of 3 compete to get the highest score through killing monsters. To ensure a fair play for players between 60~65 the Colosseum features equalized gear from Corsair’s Stronghold.

What is Equalized Gear?

When players enter the Colosseum they will automatically become level 65 and will be given a standard set of equalized gear.

Rules

-The Colosseum is a 3v3 battleground
-There are 3 rounds, team with the highest score after 3 rounds is the winner
-No consumables, aside from charms, can be used
-Cannot enter with same class (ie. no double Berserker teams)
-Each round is timed, points and skill points are obtained by killing monsters
-Party leader can use the accumulated skill points to buff their own team or troll the enemy team

Colosseum Leader Skills

In the Colosseum, the leader may activate a beneficial buff for their own team or disrupt the enemy team through various skills. Skill require skill points acquired through killing monsters.

emxXfxV

The buffs/debuffs are below.

A74qJZe

Hopefully you can be matched with a tactical leader but if not you can always queue up for one.

mO1a2vo

Of course with the combination of PvE and PvP with the use of equalized gear will not be everyone’s cup of tea. They are planning on opening up another Colosseum mode with just level 65 players where they will be able to use their own gear so there’s that to look forward to still.

Gathering and Crafting

Players will now be able to see a list of all designs whether they’ve acquired it or not. Just click on the “show all” check box to see everything (there may be a few exceptions though).

I8uJWPo

Brooch Classification Change

The brooch has been separated to allow players to easily distinguish between their effects.

Regular Brooches increase your performance (ie. raise power) but will not have any additional effects while Totems will have added effects such as increasing power or crit rate for a set duration or cleansing debuffs that can be activated through your shortcut key.

Rank 6 Crafting

Designs for Scrolls VII, Elixirs X, and Draughts X requiring level 6 gathered materials have been added and the designs can be obtained through your local Alchemy merchant. They will only require Basic (350) to craft. There will also be designs available for Artisan/Master crafters which will require more materials but with better stats/effects.

Edy Chen
view post Posted on 5/8/2014, 01:33

well, i can't see the image
can u pls fix it???

1 replies since 30/7/2014, 09:42   30 views